Contact and Office

Graduate Assistants

  • Bre Anne Briskey
  • Pooja Saxena
  • Zachary Vaughn

Moments in IU history

1958 IU computer lab

IU uses computers to speed research

1958

In 1958, IU was the first university to combine magnetic tape reading machines with an IBM Tape 650 magnetic drum data-processing machine. The result was a dramatic increase in the speed of the Research Center’s equipment, which had already cut some computations from months to minutes. The Research Computing Center was in the basement of what is today (2015) Swain Hall West. Indiana University Archives.

Tamarack Hall at IU Northwest

IU campus opens in Gary

1959

Tamarack Hall, also known as Gary Main by its first occupants, served as the one and only permanent building on the new Gary Glen Park campus for ten years. Upon opening in May 1959, Tamarack contained all campus facilities: classrooms, laboratories, bookstore, library, cafeteria, administrative and faculty offices, and a 600-seat theater. Indiana University Northwest Library: Calumet Regional Archives.

Current Bicentennial Interns

NameGraduating YearTopic of Internship ProjectInternship Semester
Emily Abshire2019International Education at the Crossroads SymposiumFall 2018, Summer 2018, Spring 2018, Fall 2017
Jenna Fattah2019Video researchFall 2018, Summer 2018, Spring 2018, Fall 2017
Anna Groover2020Named spacesFall 2018
Gloria Howell2018African American Arts InstituteFall 2018, Summer 2018
Ellie Kaverman2018Women’s recognitionFall 2018, Summer 2018, Fall 2017
Asher Lubotzky2022Video researchFall 2018, Summer 2018, Spring 2018
David Martin2019History of student governmentFall 2018
Samantha Riley2021Women’s recognition, IUPUIFall 2018
Alexandria Ruschman2021Interpretive planningFall 2018
Alexandra Schrader-Dobris2021Women’s recognitionFall 2018, Summer 2018, Spring 2018, Fall 2017
Hayden Sims2019History of the graduate schoolFall 2018
Quinn Titus2019Campus beautificationFall 2018
Emily Vetne2019Video researchFall 2018