As part of the Indiana University Bicentennial celebrations, IU is adding historical markers at campuses across the state to commemorate significant people, places, events and organizations that have had an impact on IU, the state, the nation and the world.
At IU Northwest, a marker was added Sept. 26 to honor Tamarack Hall. The first building on the campus, it was dedicated in fall 1959 and demolished in 2012. The marker is on the site where Tamarack once stood.
And at IU Southeast, a marker added Oct. 9 honors Lyda Jeannetta Radford, the first student to enroll on that campus. Radford, of Louisville, came to Indiana to enroll at IU Southeast, known then as IU Falls City Area Center, in 1941.Read the full article from News at IU