Supporting Academic Collaboration and Engagement
The Bicentennial is a time for all IU faculty, staff, and students to reflect on contributions that they and their predecessors have had on their fields. Faculty are encouraged to bring important conferences to IU’s campuses. The Office of the Bicentennial supports these efforts through sponsorships, and through the coordination of special hotel rates for the 2019 and 2020 calendar years.
Funding supports organizations that hold meetings at IU campuses during the 2016-2020 calendar years. Support between $1,000-$10,000 may be requested via the form below. The Office bases the level of financial support on the following criteria:
- Connections to the IU Bicentennial mission, principles, and goals
- Organization Scope and Impact (local, regional, state, national, or international conference)
- Anticipated attendance for the conference
- Connections to Indiana University (Research, Organization, Faculty, Alumni)
- Indiana University faculty involvement in planning, speaking, and presenting
The IU Office of the Bicentennial may award grants of $1,000-$10,000, based on how closely organizations align with the criteria. Organizations may use funding provided by the IU Office of the Bicentennial to finance honoraria, pay for food and refreshment fees, or to reduce registration fees or other purposes.
Should an organization accept funding from the IU Office of the Bicentennial, it will need to fulfill certain conditions of sponsorship. The Office will negotiate these requirements with each organization and specific items will vary depending on the level of support granted. The following are some examples of sponsorship conditions:
- Student Attendance
- IU students may attend select sessions for free and/or receive reduced registration rates for conference.
- Major Speakers
- Should a conference secure an influential speaker, the organization will work with IU Office of the Bicentennial to connect the speaker with faculty, staff, and students outside of the conference where possible.
- Sponsorship Recognition
- The conference will include the IU Bicentennial mark in programs and signage.
- Welcome Comments
- Where preferred, the conference will invite Indiana University President or relevant Provost/Chancellor to welcome attendees in person or in the form of a welcome letter.
- Connections to Indiana University
- The organization will provide information to conference attendees regarding the organization’s history with IU or the impact that IU’s research has had on the field.