Professorships honoring the Bicentennial
Throughout IU’s history, faculty have traveled to Indiana communities sharing their expertise directly with the people of the state of Indiana, the nation, and world. Indiana University Bicentennial Professors are extraordinary faculty who demonstrate a commitment to public outreach, community engagement, and translational public outcomes in their teaching, research, and service, and who will once again give public lectures to remind us of our role as a public university.
Between Fall 2019 and Fall 2020, each Bicentennial Professor will deliver approximately 5 lectures on behalf of Indiana University around the state of Indiana.
- William Allegrezza, associate professor of English in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU Northwest.
- Shahzeen Z. Attari, associate professor of public and environmental affairs in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs at IU Bloomington.
- Rachel A. Blumenthal, assistant professor of English in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at IU Kokomo.
- Stephen L. Boehm II, professor of psychology in the School of Science at IUPUI.
- Virginia A. Caine, associate professor of medicine in the IU School of Medicine.
- W. Graham Carlos, associate professor of clinical medicine in the IU School of Medicine.
- Aaron E. Carroll, associate dean for research mentoring and professor of pediatrics in the IU School of Medicine; director of the Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute's Career Development, Education and Research Training Program; and vice president for faculty development at the Regenstrief Institute.
- Serafín M. Coronel-Molina, associate professor of literacy, culture and language education in the School of Education at IU Bloomington.
- Robert M. Einterz, associate dean for global health, the Donald E. Brown Professor of Global Health, professor of clinical medicine and director of the Indiana University Center for Global Health in the IU School of Medicine.
- Janine M. Fogel, assistant professor of clinical family medicine and medical director of the Transgender Health and Wellness Program in the IU School of Medicine.
- Melissa S. Fry, associate professor of sociology and director of the Applied Research and Education Center in the School of Social Sciences at IU Southeast.
- Justin R. Garcia, the Ruth N. Halls Associate Professor of Gender Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences and research director of the Kinsey Institute at IU Bloomington.
- Julie Goodspeed-Chadwick, professor of English and director of the Office of Student Research in the Division of Liberal Arts at IUPUC.
- Richard Gunderman, Chancellor's Professor of Radiology, Pediatrics, Medical Education, Philosophy, Liberal Arts, Philanthropy, and Medical Humanities and Health Science in the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI and the John A. Campbell Professor of Radiology in the IU School of Medicine.
- Susan B. Hyatt, professor of anthropology in the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI.
- Hilary Kahn, assistant dean for international education and global initiatives, director of the Center for the Study of Global Change and senior lecturer in the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies at IU Bloomington.
- Jon Kay, clinical associate professor of folklore and ethnomusicology in the College of Arts and Sciences, director of Traditional Arts Indiana and interim director of the Mathers Museum of World Cultures at IU Bloomington.
- Parul Khurana, associate professor of biology in the School of Natural Science and Mathematics at IU East.
- April Lidinsky, associate professor and director of women's and gender studies in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at IU South Bend.
- E. Angeles Martínez Mier, professor and chair of cariology, operative dentistry and dental public health in the School of Dentistry at IUPUI.
- Beth Meyerson, associate professor of health policy and management and co-director of the Rural Center for AIDS/STD Prevention in the IU School of Public Health-Bloomington.
- Victor D. Quintanilla, professor of law and co-director of the Center for Law, Society and Culture in the Maurer School of Law at IU Bloomington.
- Frank Sullivan Jr., professor of practice in the Robert H. McKinney School of Law at IUPUI.
- Paul M. Wallach, executive associate dean for educational affairs and institutional improvement, the Dolores and John Read Professor of Medical Education and professor of medicine in the IU School of Medicine.
- Charlotte Westerhaus-Renfrow, clinical assistant professor of management and business in the Kelley School of Business at IUPUI.