Cultivating Future Alumni
Calling all IU students! The Office of the Bicentennial is partnering with new student orientation programs, offering internship/practicum opportunities, organizing on-campus activities, and identifying new student leadership opportunities on all IU campuses.
New Student Orientation
Student orientation programs university-wide will introduce students to the upcoming Bicentennial and promote Bicentennial internships, events, and volunteer opportunities.
Bicentennial Interns have the opportunity to assist with historical research, project planning, project execution, and event coordination. Each semester’s assignments are tailored to student interests and office needs.
To apply for an internship, please visit the internship page at https://200.iu.edu/participate/internship/index.html.
The Office of the Bicentennial will endeavor to reach students where they live and gather, both on- and off-campus. To assist with this effort, we will recruit students from every campus to serve as Bicentennial Ambassadors. Ambassadors will organize publicity campaigns that will inform, engage, and energize their peers. Campaigns will be campus-specific and will guide students to relevant events, lectures, conferences, and symposia.
New Student Leadership Opportunities
The Office of the Bicentennial, in consultation with the Bicentennial Student Engagement Committee, will identify causes and issues that would greatly benefit from student engagement and leadership. Once an issue is identified, the Office of the Bicentennial will help establish a student group that can address the issue head-on.
Project Director and Committee Members
- Dennis Groth, IU Bloomington Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (Director)
- Gwen Chastain, Director-IUPUI Office of Educational Partnership and Student Success
- Joe Durle, Director of Finance and Administration-IUPUI Division of Student Affairs
- Jessica Ivetich, Bicentennial Intern and IU Bloomington Student
- Sandra Miles, Director of Student Affairs- IUPUC Office of Student Affairs
- Jennifer Reines, Director, IU Northwest Academic Success & Achievement Programs
- Carrie Reisner, Executive Director, IU East University College and Coordinator First-Year Seminar
- Jack Rhodes, Director-IU Bloomington First Year Experience Programs
- Karen White, Associate Vice Chancellor, Dean of Students, IU South Bend
- Steve Veldkamp, Assistant Dean of Students and Director-IU Bloomington Division of Student Affairs