By: Hannah Castor, Bicentennial Intern, Class of 2018, English
Indiana University East started as an extension center at Earlham College in 1946. Ball State and Purdue joined the arrangement in 1957, and the center was called the Eastern Indiana Center of Earlham College. It wasn't until 1971 that Indiana University East got its name and moved to Richmond, Indiana, becoming Indiana University's sixth regional campus.
IU East has continued to grow from its humble beginnings at Earlham College, now offering both Baccalaureate and Master’s degrees in various disciplines. This timeline is about IU East's development since its start in 1946, featuring changes to not only the campus itself, but also to the degrees and programs.
Due to website maintenance issues, the images in this timeline were removed in 2020.