Expanding the collective understanding of our past
Learn about the fire that spurred the creation of the IU Alumni Association, which intercollegiate sport was first on the university’s roster (hint: it wasn’t basketball), and why they call IU “the mother of college presidents.” Under the guidance of University Historian James Capshew and the Council of University Historians, each campus will create new online and traditional courses about the history of Indiana University.
Online courses will be developed in collaboration with the Office of Online Education, and will feature for-credit and non-credit options. Non-credit options will be available to IU alumni and the general public and will encourage all interested individuals to learn more about IU history.
- James Capshew, Indiana University Historian
Campus Courses Approved
- HIST J495: The History of IU South Bend 1916-2017
- COLL X112: Traditions and Cultures of Indiana University
- IUPUI HIST A363: Hoosier Nation, Indiana in American History
- IU Expand: IU East Campus History